Tenant Knowledge Center
This page is a collection of frequently asked questions from tenants. Please select the topic you are interested in to view helpful information.
It is important to note that properties may have policies and procedures in place that differ from the guidance found here yet are still compliant with HUD guidelines.
This guidance is intended only for tenants within the PBCA housing portfolio administered by California Affordable Housing Initiatives, Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is my rent calculated?
- What forms are required at Recertification?
- What is EIV?
- What if I dispute the amount in EIV?
- What are HUD's rules for Repayment Agreements?
- What are the required postings in the rental office?
- What is a Reasonable Accommodation?
- Is Medical Marijuana permitted in Federally-Assisted Housing?
- What is VAWA?
- What is Disability Benefits 101?
- Are HUD Materials available in languages other than English?
- Fair Housing: What are my rights?
- How can I find a HUD-subsidized apartment?
The CAHI Contact Center is available to assist you with any questions related to the Project-Based Section 8 Housing Program. Our knowledgeable, experienced representatives can be reached toll-free at 1-800-982-5221, English TTY:1-800-735-2929, Spanish TTY:1-800-855-3000, or you may send an email to PBCAContactCenter@cgifederal.com.
Hours of operation are 8am to 5pm (PST), Monday through Friday. Voicemails/emails received after 5pm (PST) will receive a response the following business day.
The CAHI Contact Center cannot become actively involved in the resolution of legal matters such as eviction proceedings. If you require legal assistance, please contact an attorney or click here for a listing of California Legal Aid offices.
**The pages and/or information contained in this section are for informational purposes only and do not replace HUD guidance**